Visibility of system status:
- No visible feedback when selecting "Start" & "Exit" Button. These buttons need to remain highlighted for several seconds to be activated.
- No sound feedback (not practical for our scenario)
- Camera feedback.
- Marking the users' hands which are considered as the "action hands" by our application
- Intuitive naming of buttons
- The subtlety of the movements is limited by the resolution of the Kinect
- The user must remain in the view range of the Kinect in order to interact
- Playing hand is predefined
- The first user (left user) controls the game settings
- Exit button allows the users to quit the game at any given time.
- No difference in the appearance of a "Selection Button" and a "Hover button"
- Each player is specified by a different but consistant color throughout the game.
- Introduction of the "Start Button" prevents the users from selecting an unwanted game mode.
- The simple design of our application, eliminates the need for recognition and recall.
- Minimal, simple and well-known design leaves no room for distinguishing between novice and experienced users.
- The information relevant to each view of the application is limited to that view and is compact.
- If the Kinect loses track of the user, the game is still continued
- Not supported due to minimalist design
Task done by: All