Designing this question sheet and interviewing was done by: Leily & The Hieu
The Findings will be posted separately.
The interview agenda is the following:
Phase 1: General Questions
Introduction: Hello, we are a group involved in a university project that is aimed to entertain people waiting in Bus/Tram/Train stations using public interactive displays. In this regard, we would like to ask you some questions. These questions are really intuitive to answer because there is no right or wrong. They will be about your person and about your opinion to our project. We are collecting these data and will evaluate them for a better usage of our application. And of course, all your information and answers will be treated strictly confidential! So, let’s begin if you are ready.
- Personal questions: sex, age, education, languages , job, left/right handed
- Which public transport system do you generally use no matter to work or in free time?
- How often do you use it/them per day? Per week?
- How long do you wait for the public transport at the station in average?
- What are you doing while waiting at the station?
- Have you ever experienced motion interaction? e.g. EyeToy or Kinect?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, where 10 is the “Very Interested”, to what extend are you interested in interacting with public displays? Especially with display sizes of about 1.2m x 1,8m and in public! And why?
- If you are interacting with or using a public display by motion interaction, would you like to use both hands?
- How would you feel about interacting in public?
So, that was the first part. Now we are getting to the part with your opinion about our gaming application Pong which is designed for the users during their waiting time at a public subway, bus or train-station [We Explain Pong]. Now, I would like to ask you some general questions first. And just like before, your data will be treated strictly confidential.
- Would you be interested in a playing Pong in single player or multi player mode? And why?
- How much time would you spend in interacting with our application? Just until the next transportation comes or longer, if the application makes fun?
- Are you interested in a level-wise game design or an on-going game? Why?
- Does the concept of this game attract your attention for interacting with it? And why?
- How often would you use this application daily if you had the time?
- Do you have any concerns about privacy issues when other passengers you playing/interacting at the station?
- Are you interested in a scoring and system ranking in game? And what about the privacy issues there?
- Would you prefer using both hands or just one?
- a) Are there any objects or obstacles that would hinder you in interacting using both hands with the display? E.g. handbag or carrier-bag…
- b) Which hand do you prefer?
- Do you have any further questions or remarks, ideas that can be integrated/replaced in our application and tell me why?
- Do you have another idea/location for the public-entertainment?
Task done by: all